These Homemade Ice Cream Recipes will inspire you with loads of dreamy ideas to help you beat the heat! Ice cream is always a perfect way to cool down at the end of a sultry day. This Ice Cream Recipe Round-Up with Pro-Tips will inspire you with loads of dreamy recipes.
Is your ice cream maker gathering dust in a closet somewhere? It’s time to break it out before fall and winter temps arrive! I’m sharing some of the Best Ice Cream Recipes from the blog plus some blogger friends to get the wheels turning!
Why You’ll Love Homemade Ice Cream
- You have complete control over the ingredients!
- Your ice cream will have no preservatives.
- Once you get the hang of making your own ice cream, you can create your own flavors!
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are the Four Main Ingredients Needed to Make Ice Cream?
What Kind of Milk Do You Use to Make Ice Cream?
What Are the Different Types of Ice Cream?
What Kind of Churns are Available to Make Ice Cream?
How to Make Homemade Ice Cream?
Homemade Ice Cream Recipes:
Tips for Making Ice Cream
- Use quality ingredients for the best results. Real vanilla extract, heavy cream, good chocolate, etc. will make your ice cream taste better.
- Allow enough time. Your custard will need to be refrigerated overnight before churning.
- If using an electric churn, make sure the bowl is frozen overnight if that’s what your model recommends.
- PRO-Tip: Add your flavorings, like vanilla, to the custard at the end so the flavor is more pronounced.
- PRO-Tip: Adding 2-3 tablespoons of alcohol to your custard keeps your ice cream creamier. Use a liquor or liqueur that pairs well with your ice cream flavor. It does this by lowering the freezing point. It won’t freeze as solid and is less likely to develop ice crystals.
- If you want to scoop your ice cream, it will perform better if frozen overnight. Freshly churned ice cream is often more like soft-serve ice cream.
- Add any mix-ins like chocolate, caramel, or chopped cookies, after the ice cream is frozen. And make sure they are in bite-sized pieces.
- PRO-Tip: If you don’t have an ice cream maker, No-Churn Ice Cream is made with sweetened condensed milk and doesn’t require one!
- PRO-Tip: Freeze with some plastic wrap pressed against the surface of the ice cream to minimize the chance of freezer burn (which can alter the texture and flavor) and ice crystals forming on the surface.
More Ice Cream Recipes from My Blogger Friends:
If my hubby would have his way, it would be chocolate ice cream, double chocolate ice cream, and chocolate milkshakes. Thank goodness for our children who are a wee bit more adventuresome. But since even my offspring have their limits, I decided to reach out to some fellow bloggers and share some of their creations.
As the heat of summer approaches, I hope you’ll find some delicious inspiration from this roundup of the best ice cream recipes.
More of the Best Ice Cream Recipes:
- Chocolate Velvet Ice Cream
- Cheesecake Ice Cream with Strawberry Sauce
- Biscoff Ice Cream from Dinner Dishes & Desserts
- Peanut Butter Oreo Ice Cream from Nutmeg Nanny
- Berry Coconut Frozen Yogurt from Well Plated
- Pumpkin Toffee Ice Cream from Taste and Tell
- Caramel Iced Coffee Ice Cream from Crunchy Creamy Sweet
- Dark Chocolate Chip Orange Olive Oil Ice Cream from Eat the Love
- Lemon Buttermilk Ice Cream from Lemons for Lulu
- Caramel Snickers Ice Cream from Inside BruCrew Life
- No Churn Chocolate Ice Cream with Salty Candied Peanuts from Keep It Sweet Desserts
- Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker (all affiliate links)
- Old Fashioned Electric Bucket Style Ice Cream Maker
- Good Cook Smart Ice Cream Scoop
- GIR Silicone Spatula
- The Perfect Scoop Cookbook by David Lebovitz